Wednesday, June 22, 2011

day 2 of my vacation . . .

for those who are wondering, no, i didn't post 'day 1 of my vacation' yesterday. as the a/c in the house wasn't working properly, i went to see "pirates" yesterday with 14 other people. nice and cool...and a great movie!

so, today, i waited for the a/c repair to be done, and it is a nice 80 degrees here...which beats the 107 degrees that are expected here in merced today. i don't mind the heat so much during the day if it cools down at night. but it was 85 in the house when i attempted to go to sleep last night.

and for those that wondered why i am staying home during my vacation, i am happy to report that i spent my vacation money fixing my breaks...but, you know, i feel safe, now, and thankful that i had the money for the repairs....

so, what does one do on vacation in merced? review last year's trip to europe! you may recall that this blog started because i was going on my wesley trip to england and a side trip to paris! well, i decided to review my photos this year. and, i've spent most of the morning laughing, with the recurring phrase, "I have no idea where (and sometimes what) that is!" ok, you can laugh too, because it seems "everyone" has photo stories to tell about their vacation trips.

all that to say, I'm going to take a short trip into 'the city' -- and if you have to ask 'which city', you didn't grow up in san francisco! now that the a/c is fixed, i'm heading to cooler sidewalks! i'm not sure if i'll go today, or another day, but, i'm having a nice vacation -- wish you were here!

isn't that why people send postcards -- just to say that phrase? i'm being "green" and having you read it here! hope you are finding coolness for the heat, and a change of pace for your summer...and if you have any helpful hints on how to speed up putting your vacation photos in folders, let me know....what a hoot....

No comments:

Post a Comment